Blog Header

This blog is about setting up the Nearly Naked food cart business and how I am using the Law Of Attraction to make it happen. To get the full story, be sure to start at the first post: In the beginning.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

In the beginning...

As much as I do my best to be open minded and teachable, I'm a little thick headed at times. I've known about the Law Of Attraction for probably 5 or 6 years now. I've been intensely studying it for the last year and a half or more. I've listened to multiple CD's (Your Wish is Your Command, Teachings of Abraham), I've read several books (Teachings of Abraham, The Magic of Thinking Big, PsycoCybernetics 2000), but things just kept getting worse. I just couldn't get my head focused in the right direction.

For the last year and a half I've lived in a 20+ year old, 23 foot travel trailer in a "resort" (read: trailer park) in the middle of the high desert in southern CA. Work has been sparse. Food stamps keep me fed but I've been having to rake weeds for the resort in exchange for rent - no pay. I tried a couple of business deals that ended up being with unreliable, nightmare partners. The list goes on, but I'll stop there. As much as I believed in LOA, I guess I just didn't believe in my ability to use it.

Then one day a couple of weeks ago I was reading one of my Abraham books. For about the 6th time or so. Something clicked. Not sure what I read, don't think it was directly related to what I started doing, but something changed. I think it was around the time I was reading in their book 'Law Of Attraction', near the end, under the heading "How Is It Possible to 'Have It All in 60 Days'". But something clicked and it's been a glorious ride ever since.

I put together a short list of wants, wrote them out as "I want..." affirmations and said them to myself as a mantra while I was working. Easy to do when raking weeds - it's a pretty mindless job. The first day I said it to myself over and over for about 4 hours. The whole amount of time I work each day. I started feeling reasonably good almost right away. I continued this for almost a week. By the end of the week I let my mind wonder a bit, but only in the direction of things that I wanted. After a while I got to the point that any time my mind would wonder onto anything negative - I mean ANYTHING even slightly negative - I would go back into my mantra until the negative thought went away.

At this point, I feel REALLY good. Not much happening yet, but I feel great. Here's my mantra:
I want steady substantial income.
I want love.
I want strong, clear positive emotion.
I want clarity and focus.
I want peace, joy and happiness.
Then some ideas started popping into my head. Not strong at first, but flowing forward non the less.

1 comment: