Blog Header

This blog is about setting up the Nearly Naked food cart business and how I am using the Law Of Attraction to make it happen. To get the full story, be sure to start at the first post: In the beginning.

Monday, August 8, 2011

It keeps getting better

I'm an artist. Sculptor. I work in stone, metal wood and other materials. I have also been a handyman/contractor, web programmer and many other things. Before I started my mantra, I was looking for a job in San Diego (SD), about one and a half hours from where I live near Jacumba, CA. Given my employment experience I figured I'd have no trouble finding a job. One job that stood out for me was working with a wooden toy manufacturer. He never replied, so I didn't get the job, but when this LOA thing started kicking in it was still in the back of my mind.

Also in my mind was my history of doing many other art/crafts and selling at craft shows. Then I started thinking, "Why should I work for somebody else? I've been self employed for almost 20 years. I've done this kind of woodwork. I've done craft shows. There are farmers' markets galore in SD that accept artisans and crafters.  I have many of the tools needed and those that I don't have, I know people here who do." I thought, "I likely wouldn't get rich doing this, but at least it would allow me to get an apartment in town, give me a little pocket money and then be able to do some dating (second line of my mantra). It should be noted here that in the "resort" where I live, other than a couple of couples in their 30's, I'm probably one of the youngest people here. And I'm 52!

I started researching wooden toy designs. Looking for things that I'd like to make, with my own artistic twist, of course. I also have a simple game that I invented about 25 years ago that can be made out of wood. Things were going quite well. Finding a lot of information. Getting excited. It all felt pretty good, but just not quite "right".

In the mean time, after about a week or more of my mantra, I started believing that these things could come true. Yes, I believed it before, but there's believing something and really believing it. A knowing I guess. So I changed my mantra from "I want..." to "I have...". And it felt GOOD. Then things really started rolling. Things just started falling into place.

The wooden toy business didn't feel quite "right", but then I remembered something a couple friends said.

I live quite a ways out of town. An hour and a half if you're saving gas. I rarely see anybody, but sometimes I have some friends come visit from SD. I always serve lunch. And dinner and breakfast if they stay over. I always get similar comments, but the last time, a few weeks ago, two of my lady friends both said "you should sell this stuff". I thanked them for the compliment but didn't think much of it. I've had friends in the restaurant business and I wanted nothing to do with it.

Also, I cooked for my wife for about 12 years. Everything was an experiment and sometimes we'd end up ordering pizza. Most of the time it was pretty good. But once in a while she'd come out with a comment like, "If I ever die, and you're on a date, serve this - you'll get laid!" Now if I could only remember what those dishes were ;).

But now the craft show/farmers' market thing was in my head. I've seen prepared food booths at these shows all the time.

So I started, just for the hell of it, to research the idea. The more I researched, the more I liked it. The more I looked, the more information just fell into my lap. Things just started falling into place. And it all felt sooooo gooood!

The food that I make is primarily vegan, except for mayo, yogurt & sour cream in some dressings. So I guess more vegetarian. And primarily raw. Even dedicated omnivores love it!

I decided to go for it. The Rustic Elements Food Cart was born (Rustic Elements is the name I use for my art/craft work).

No comments:

Post a Comment